Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Memorial Day Tradition

On Sunday we went to the cemetery and put flowers on Aunt Marilee's grave. Ross and I have been doing this the entire time we've been together and we've taken the girls since they were babies. I really enjoy this tradiaiton and I think the girls like it, too. The last few years we've walked around the cemetery looking at other graves and have found some really interesting ones. 

This year the flowers I put on Aunt Marilee's grave were extra special because they came from Aunt Linda's house! (Aunt Marilee and Aunt Linda are both my mom's sisters.) Aunt Marilee died in 1985 and Aunt Linda died in 2022. When we were cleaning out Aunt Linda's house I took some of her flowers and thought how fun to put them on Aunt Marilee's grave - flowers from her sister, niece, and great nieces! 



No comments: