Friday, June 22, 2012

30 Years of Selling Drugs!

Happy 30th anniversary to the Ash Grove Pharmacy! 

My parents bought the pharmacy 30 years ago in June 1982 when they were only 31 years old! My sister was 7 years old, and I was 3 1/2 years old at that time. I don't remember much about when they purchased the pharmacy, but certainly do remember spending countless hours there after school, on weekends, and during the summer while growing up. My Dad caught up on work, my Mom displayed gifts in the front windows, and Stephanie and I played. We roller skated through the store, went shopping and took turns ringing each other up on the cash register, played library in the book section, and played house in the baby section. 

We lived in Springfield at the time they bought the pharmacy so my Dad had to commute to work. If I remember correctly, some mornings we had to take my Dad to work which meant getting up really early. They made those mornings special, though, by stopping by a donut shop on the way and letting us pick out donuts!  

The picture below is of the front page of The Commonwealth newspaper - Ash Grove's weekly newspaper. It has a very nice article about the 30th anniversary and some good quotes from my Dad. I wish you could read it!

Congratulations on thirty years of selling drugs, Mom and Dad!

No comments: