Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A New House

I had some fun last week making a playhouse for Lucy out of her carseat box. I've had the box saved since the beginning of January and have been thinking about making this house since then. I finally just made myself do it last week and am so proud of it! Here it is:

The front door opens for her to go inside.

The purple border is purple duct tape!

These windows open and close.

I think this is my favorite side. I love the construction paper flowers and I even put curtains on the windows!

Got the idea from my Mom to put contact paper on the inside. Polka dot contact paper!






Lucy was a little unsure of the house and I kind of had to place her in it. She didn't stay in it very long, so we will work on it!

I braced myself the whole time I was working on it for the fact that Lucy might not like it that much, but I hadn't really prepared myself for the fact that she would tear it up! I guess she just does not like the flowers and grass, per the video below! I laughed the whole time she was doing this, because it's funny! I did, though, put the house up out of her reach because she did this right after I finished working on it and I just couldn't bear seeing it torn apart anymore so soon! We'll get it out again here and there and try to get her to play with it instead of tear it up!

1 comment:

Ross said...

You did such a great job on Lucy's house. She is so lucky to have a creative, fun mom!