Thursday, December 1, 2016

Birthdays And Pillow Gifts

When I was a little girl and all while growing up, my Mom would put a gift underneath my pillow at night on my birthday, Valentine's Day, Christmas and other special holidays. I loved this so much and always looked forward to it when going to bed on those special nights, wondering what I would find. It was something small, like candy, a ball of yarn, but always something she knew I would like to have.

This is a tradition she continued while I was single and living on my own (by sneaking over to my house and putting it under my pillow sometime during the day), and she continues it today even though I'm married, with a little help from my husband. My family was over at our house the weekend before my birthday and my Mom gave this little present to Ross, asking him to put it under my pillow on my birthday. The tradition had completely slipped my mind this year and I was so surprised and happy to find this little present. It was a caramel/chocolate candy bar, of which I love, and have thoroughly enjoyed eating it. Thanks, Mom! I love you and love this tradition. I think I'll start it with Lucy next year!


No comments: