Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Ward Family

This past week we went to Omaha, Nebraska, to visit my grandparents for my Gramma's 89th birthday. We hadn't been up there since November of 2014, when I was pregnant with Molly, so Gramma and Grampa had not met Molly yet. This is my Dad's side (Ward side) of the family and almost everyone was there at some point over the weekend. This family consists of my grandparents, Betty and LaVern Ward, my Aunt Cheryl (who lives in New Mexico and wasn't there), my Dad, my Uncle Skip (who lives next door to my grandparents), and my Aunt Janice (who lives in Blair, NE, about 30 minutes away from Omaha) and her two daughters, Gina and Yana, and Gina's daughter, Taylee.

It was nice to see everyone and visit, but was a little different. My grampa was recently moved to a nursing home and will more than likely not return home. He will by 90 this November and has dementia. It has slowly gotten worse over the last few years. It has gotten too hard for Gramma to take care of him at home and this is just the best option for now. Sunday we visited him in the nursing home and had a very nice time. I don't know if he really knew who I was, but he really seemed to like watching Molly suck her thumb.:) We were able to get a family picture with everyone who was there at the time.


All of the Ward great-grandchildren. Trevor (15), Cody (12), Taylee (11) Molly (2), and Lucy (4).

Ward grandchildren and great-grandchildren, minus Taylee. Back row: Yana, Lucy, Stephanie, Molly, Libby, Gina. Front row: Gramma Ward, Grampa Ward, Treovr, Cody.

Gramma and Grampa Ward

Grampa Ward and my dad, Terry.

Grampa Ward and Me.

Stephanie, Grampa Ward, Me

Me and Gramma Ward

Almost all of the Ward family.
Back row: Trevor, Stephanie, Nathan, Wanda, Ross, Lucy, Molly, Libby, Yana, Gina.
Front row: Cody, Gramma, Grampa, Terry, Janice.

No comments: