Wednesday, January 10, 2018

I Touched The Fire

One night last week we noticed Molly had a blister on her finger. We didn't know what it was from and asked her how she hurt her finger. She just said I don't know. I then remembered that earlier in the day she had come up to me telling me her finger hurt and I asked her why and she said I don't know.

Well, fast forward a little bit to later that evening and we were all sitting on Lucy's bed before bedtime. We looked at her finger again and asked her how she had hurt it. She didn't say anything for a few minutes and then all of a sudden said, "I touched the fire." We were so surprised at what she said and felt bad for her, but yet wanted to laugh, too. She said it in the cutest way and she doesn't quite say her Rs correctly, so it sounded more like "fi-o" or something like that. We've had our gas fireplace on lately because it has been so cold and we've told both girls not to touch it. Lucy is very good about obeying things like that. Molly, on the other hand, is still learning that skill. :)

No comments: