Friday, June 29, 2018

Pink And Purple Days

Ever since last summer our lives have been ruled by Pink and Purple days. I came up with this brilliant idea when one morning the girls were bickering about what television show they wanted to watch. It was maybe just the second week of summer and I was so tired of hearing them argue and wondered how I would get through the entire summer with this! I was trying to think of a fair way to decide who picked the show and came up with Pink and Purple days.

Every other day on Pink days, Molly gets to decide what shows we watch, what music we listen to in the car, if we play outside, inside, or in the basement, etc. And every other day on Purple days, Lucy gets to decide. I thought this was a great idea and the girls caught onto it very quickly. This has worked so very well over the last year and I don't see it ending anytime soon. Sometimes we do make an exception to the Pink or Purple day, like if it's a birthday or we have something special going on. Both girls have learned that they can lose their day, too, if their behavior isn't up to par. Lucy is very aware and very good at reminding me whose day it is, especially when I forget. :)



No comments: