Monday, October 25, 2021

PTA Fall Fest

Our PTA had a Fall Fest on October 8 and I was in charge of planning it. I worked with the four other ladies on our PTA board, but I did the majority of all the planning and behind-the-scenes things that needed to be done. I really enjoyed planning it and think I did a good job, too. It was a lot of work and I was glad for the break from it when it was over!

Fall Fest was a huge hit! We had about 700 people attend and made almost $4,000! That is a lot for our school and this even is our biggest fundraiser of the year, so I was so thankful for how well it went. A local church, Life 360, partnered with us and provided 9 inflatables that totally made the event! They also provided popcorn, snow cones, and cotton candy that we were able to charge tickets for, making those item sales straight profit for us. We charged a small admission fee and a small fee for the hot dogs and hamburgers we (Ross!!) grilled up at the event, but other than that, everything was free. 

It was held outside on the playground and due to covid, there was no chance of moving it inside in case of rain. It turned out to be a beautiful, sunny (hot even) day and a great time all around! I'm excited for next year's event and hope it will be even bigger and better! My dad was super helpful in making some of the games for us and helping with a great deal of the setup and teardown for the event! And Ross took the afternoon off to help and he grilled up 120 hamburgers for us, too! 





























No comments: