Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sunburn in November!

I expected to be sore from running after the marathon, but I certainly didn't expect to be sore from this:

I got a sunburn during the run and it sure did hurt! The thought of getting sunburned didn't even cross my mind! Towards the end of the race I could really feel the sun beating down on me and thought I might get a little burned, but definitely didn't think it'd turn out as it did!

When we were driving to Dallas after the run I could feel that my back and shoulders were a little sore and was really surprised to finally see my back when we got to the hotel room. I don't think the pictures does it justice! My face and chest were pretty red, too.

It hurt quite a bit for the first couple of days and I lathered on the lotion like crazy. It was such a relief on the third day when I realized it didn't hurt anymore and was fading into a tan. 

<<.....So Ross might say I was just a little overdramatic about the whole sunburn thing, but I think I earned the right to be :).....>>

No comments: