Friday, December 21, 2012

Grampa Wiseman

This past September, I had the pleasure of meeting this man:

The man is Grampa Wiseman, Ross' paternal grandfather. Unfortunately, I did not get to meet his wife, as she passed away before I had that privilege and we were visiting for Gramma's funeral.

Grampa Wiseman is such a nice man, and if I remember correctly, he is 94 years old! He lives alone in his house and seems to be quite "with it." Ross had told me some about him and we were both excited to see him. When we arrived in Elkhart, Indiana, we went to Grampa's house for dinner with the rest of the family - Ross' parents, Ross' aunt, and two uncles. The only time I had met this side of the family was at our wedding, which really didn't leave any time at all for visiting. It was nice to visit and get to know them a little more.

At that time I was about 8 weeks pregnant and we got to share our baby news in person - very fun! At one point after dinner, Grampa took my hand and gave me the tour of his house. That made for a nice memory! He is such a very nice man and I can see where Ross and his father get their kind heart from.

I hope we will be able to take a trip to Elkhart sometime next year and introduce Grampa Wiseman to Lucy...four generations of Wisemans, how neat!


Ross and Grampa Wiseman

Ross, Grampa Wiseman, Me - love these types of self-portraits!

Three generations:  Grampa Wiseman, Ross Wiseman, Larry Wiseman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) Everyone should have a Grandpa Wiseman in their family. :)

I love meeting your family here. Q.'