Monday, December 15, 2014

Molly

Last week I had a "level 2" ultrasound that would take a more in-depth look at Molly's kidneys. At my 19-week ultrasound, the doctor found her kidneys to be a little larger than normal for that age. He ordered a second ultrasound at week 27 to check the kidneys again and this one still showed them being larger than normal. He wasn't too concerned about it because the amniotic fluid and everything else about the baby and my pregnancy was normal. But, he wanted to make sure so ordered the level 2 ultrasound for us.
 
I was a bit worried about this, especially after I googled it and found all sorts of possible answers to what was wrong with her kidneys. (Note to self: NEVER google anything like that! Just wait to hear the results from the professionals!) I was very nervous about the ultrasound and what it might result in, but was also excited about it, thinking we might get a 3-d look at our little baby. As you can see by the picture below, we did get a 3-d look at her. Isn't she just the cutest! It is so neat to see her face like this before she's born.
 
The doctor reviewed the ultrasound results and found that there is nothing wrong with her kidneys, they're just larger than other babies at this age. So thankful for that answer! She did tell me that my problem is I'm too thin, making everything about the baby easily seen. I guess that's an okay problem to have during pregnancy!
 

No comments: