Saturday, February 7, 2015

Molly's Room

I've been thinking about and working on Molly's room for quite a while and I'm so glad to say it's finally ready! I do have two more picture frames to put up on the wall and will need to update the frames that are already there once she's born, but that's it! I'm happy with how it turned out!

We moved all of Lucy's furniture into Molly's room and got Lucy new furniture. We did that because I wanted Lucy to have white furniture and my parents had a white dresser my sister and I used when we were babies so decided to use that for Lucy. I also took the frames below Molly's name and the mirror above her changing table from Lucy's room, too. I just didn't know what else to put in here and had ideas to update Lucy's room, so just went with it!

The frames above her crib are two Bible verses and a cross stitch that my Mom did for us when we were little.

The frames below the shelves are a picture of me holding Lucy when she was a newborn and then a cross stitch that my Gramma Ward made for my Mom when we were babies. It says "Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep." I have always loved this and my Mom gave it to me when I was pregnant with Lucy. It has dust on the top of it which I will not clean off! I'm going to have newborn pictures taken of Molly and will ask the photographer to take a picture of Molly and me that's similar to the one of Lucy and me and add it to the wall.


No comments: