Friday, November 27, 2015

My 37th Birthday

My birthday was a few weeks ago, November 7, and it was a really nice time. Ross took off the Wednesday-Friday before my birthday and we got lots of little things done around the house. The day before my birthday, Mom took both our kids for the day so we could go shopping and then go out to dinner with friends, sans kids. Two out of the four couples I invited to dinner have kids. I was proud of myself for inviting them saying "we'd love you to join us if you can find a babysitter." I didn't want to be rude in saying this, but knew it would be SO much more fun without kids around! And they were more than happy to oblige. It was a fun time without kids and at one point during the evening we talked about how nice it was. It when someone asked when the last time was that we had all gotten together without our kids, no one said anything. We sat there for a while trying to figure it out but couldn't!

On my birthday Ross continued the Ward family tradition of breakfast in bed! The first few years we were married I always worried that he wouldn't bring me breakfast in bed, so was sure to remind him. Now I've learned that I don't have to remind him, he knows to do it!

After breakfast we went to my parent's house for the day and my sister and her family came up, too. It was nice hanging out and relaxing. It was a beautiful day outside and we took some pictures on their deck. We had a bonfire that night and then presents and cake and ice cream. It was a great birthday!


Dinner at the Olive Garden with NO kids!!

Some of my best friends..Pam, Sarah, and Stacey on the top, Natalie on the bottom.


Breakfast in bed!!

This is what 37 looks like. :)









Molly had pooped in her diaper. What you don't see is that she sat down on the bathroom floor before Ross could get her cleaned up to go in the bath. It was quite funny!

No comments: