Thursday, February 15, 2018

Valentines Day #10

Valentine's Day 2018 was the tenth Valentine's Day that Ross and I have shared together! It's funny how time sneaks by so slowly, yet so quickly. We celebrated Tuesday with a Valentine's Day party for Lucy and her dance friends, and then went out to eat for our traditional dinner at Popeye's. We've been eating there for Valentine's Day since 2013. It's one of Ross' favorite places to eat. Wednesday I got to help out with Lucy's preschool party and then that evening we gave the girls their presents and Ross took Lucy to life group while I took Molly to dance class. Last year Ross was at class on Valentine's Day.....maybe next year we can have an evening at home to celebrate the day!

Ross did surprise me with a very sweet gift. I had mentioned to him about a month ago that I wanted a gold bar necklace. I told him I'd send him a link to what I wanted, but never did mainly because I couldn't decide which necklace I wanted. He never asked me about it again and I forgot about it, so wasn't expecting anything at all. Our tradition is to put our gifts to each other on our bed with Steve, the teddy bear he gave me for our first Valentine's Day in 2009. (I don't know why we put the gifts on our bed, we just do.) I started to open the card but then noticed something shiny on Steve's neck. I looked closer and found it was a bar necklace! It wasn't what I wanted, but I didn't care at all! That was the sweetest gift because he remembered what I wanted and said he looked at lots of places to find it, too. Happy Valentine's Day!









No comments: