Monday, February 26, 2018

Valentine's Day Box

This was the first year Lucy got to make a Valentine's box to use with trading Valentine's at school. Last year she had a Valentine's Day party with Valentine cards, but they just make a sack or something to use for the box at school. I was very excited to learn that we got to make our own box for this year!

Lucy and I looked on Pinterest for ideas and inspirations and we settled on making a bird house box. I think it turned out so cute and it was really easy to make, too. I used two boxes and after a little cutting and taping, had the house ready to decorate. We used some very pretty pink heart wrapping paper we found at Target and some brown scrapbook paper I had on hand to cover the box and make it look pretty. I also hot-glued on some fringe-like ribbon to go around the border. I wanted to cut out some cute little birds to stick on the house and put her name on it in a really cute font, too. We didn't share the same ideas in decorating her house, so I let her have fun with decorating it. She used some heart stickers to decorate the box, along with a little piece of ribbon and a bell so the bird would have something to play with. :)

It was kind of hard for me to let her decorate it as she wanted because I had a grander vision for it. But I am very glad that I let her take over because after all, it was her box to decorate and she did a good job with it!














No comments: