Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Finding Rocks!

I recently learned about a whole little subculture of people: People who paint, hide, and hunt for rocks! I saw a friend's post about this on Facebook and decided to check it out for myself. I think the purpose of the rock painting and hiding is to spread love, happiness, and kindness! They can be hidden anywhere...at a park, at a business, at a restaurant...really anywhere, but just has to be outside and not inside a place. There's a Facebook group called "Springfield Mo Rocks" that you can post a picture of your rock to and see how it can travel from person to person or place to place.

I kept asking the girls if they wanted to go look for rocks at the park and I don't think they really understood what I was asking because they didn't seem interested at all. We finally went one day to look for rocks and thankfully ran into a friend (the same one with the Facebook posts who also happens to be on the PTA and has a daughter in Lucy's class) and they showed us where some of their hidden rocks were. We had our first finds and they girls thought it was pretty neat! We found several more and kept a few and then rehid around the park.

I got some rocks for us to paint and later that week we painted them and had a fun time hiding our rocks at the park. It's a great way to get out and enjoy the beautiful spring weather we've been having lately. I might like it a little more than they do, but that's okay. ;)










No comments: