Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Snowman And Spray Paint

It snowed a few weekends ago and although we didn't get a lot of snow, we did get just enough to make a snowman. It was actually really good "snowman" snow, making it easy to make our snowman. When it came time to put a face on it, I had the brilliant idea to use spray paint for the face. We had some leftover green spray paint, so we used that to make the face and also added some hair. Both girls, of course, wanted a turn at spraying the paint on the snowman. Lucy did it pretty well, but Molly needed help. It was hard for her to press down on the nozzle to get the paint to come out. Molly did get some paint on the snowman, but unfortunately, she also got some paint on her coat! I was not paying attention to her and all of a sudden she comes over to me crying because she had sprayed herself! She said she couldn't figure out which way to point the can when spraying, so she sprayed anyway and it was pointed right at her! 

She had green spray paint on her left sleeve cuff and a very light "dusting" of spray paint on the front of her coat. I immediately took the coat in and used Dawn dish soap, Oxyclean, laundry detergent, and paint thinner to try and get the paint out. I didn't come out completely, but did get enough out to where it doesn't look too bad now. Lesson learned! (And by the way, I'm so glad I'M the one who had to learn that lesson instead of the other adult in our house. I probably wouldn't have been very happy with the other adult for letting that happen!) 







No comments: