Monday, April 10, 2023

Mrs. Wiseman

I've started a new thing..........I'm a substitute teacher now! I hadn't planned on doing this and if you would have told me at the beginning of the year I'd be doing this I probably wouldn't have believed you! 

I do a lot of "work," but don't get paid for it. The work I'm talking about it my work with PTA as the president, my work with the Senior Center delivering meals, and my work as the treasurer for our homeowners association. I enjoy all I do, but just decided I wanted to get paid for some of the stuff I do, so I got certified as a substitute teacher with Springfield Public Schools.

Penmac Staffing Agency fills all the sub vacancies for SPS, so I had to apply through them, do a bunch of paper work and pay a few fees, and long story short, I received my sub certificate! So far I've been a half day PE teacher and a full and half day 3rd grade teacher in the same class. Overall I've enjoyed it and each day I go learn something new about subbing. I can pick and choose where I work and what days I work, so have decided to only work at the girls' school so I don't have to worry about childcare for them after school. I still do my bootcamp classes at the gym MWF, and can sub half days on MWF afternoons and full days on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's just a really great schedule! And it's great getting a paycheck! I'll still do all my other "jobs" but right now it's nice having another job that I actaully get paid for! 





No comments: