Friday, September 10, 2010

Weekend Travels - Part 1

Ross and I decided to take a mini-vacation over Labor Day weekend. We both worked a 1/2 day on Friday and then headed up to Kansas City to visit his parents. We arrived around 4 and relaxed a bit before dinner. After dinner we all headed out to Kauffman Stadium to take in a Royals baseball game. The Royals were winning until about the 7th inning and ended up losing in 2 extra innings. But that night was Friday Fireworks night at Kauffman so we enjoyed a 15-minute fireworks show after the game. It was a beautiful night - clear skies and a slight breeze with temps maybe in the upper 50s/lowers 60s.

This was the first time Ross and I stayed at his parent's house since we've been married. It was fun, but yet weird in a way, us both staying in the room I stayed in by myself before we were married. And this is the first time Ross and I slept in a queen-size bed together. We bought a king-size bed just before we were married so we were a bit worried about or sleeping that night - if we would crowd each other or feel like we had no room. But we found that we slept just fine. :)

Saturday morning Ross' brother and his family came over for breakfast. Wanda fixed bacon, eggs and pancakes and a great fruit spread. We visited for a couple of hours and then Ross and I headed up to Omaha to visit my grandparents.


No comments: