Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Travels - Part 2

Part 2 of our Labor Day Weekend Travels....

Saturday we left Larry and Wanda's around 1pm and headed over to DSW shoe store before hitting the road to Omaha. I love this shoe store and since we do not have one in Springfield I try to go to the Kansas City store whenever we are there. There are literally 100s and 100s of shoes - all ready to be taken home! Lucky for me I found a new pair of black dress shoes for the winter!

We arrived at Gramma and Grampa Ward's house around 5pm and then headed out for dinner shortly thereafter. They took us to a place called Jericho's that claims to have the best prime rib in Omaha. And they do have the best prime rib in Omaha! We had a nice, early dinner and then back to the house so Grampa and Ross could go to the neighbor's house to watch the Nebraska football game. (Go Big Red!) Gramma and I had a nice time sitting in the family room chatting the night away. She told me several stories about her childhood, her family and how her and Grampa met and married. I certainly had an enjoyable time!

And again, it was a bit weird staying in the same room with a boy at my grandparents house! I have stayed at their house countless times in the past 31 years but never with a boy! And if we thought we had it bad in the Wiseman's queen-size bed well we had another one coming to us - Gramma and Grampa have a full-size bed in the guest room we slept in! Ross and I were definitely not lacking in cuddle time over the weekend!

Sunday morning we went to Mass with my grandparents. My Grampa is Catholic and they have both been going to a Catholic church for about a year now. This was quite an experience for Ross and I - we had never been to a Catholic mass before. It was so interesting, all the tradition and protocol that was followed. After lunch we went back to the house for lunch. The weather was perfect so we sat outside on the front lawn and visited with my aunt and cousins a little before Ross and I headed home at 3pm. We got home around 8:45 and thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in our king-size bed that night! Monday we worked around the house, did a little shopping and then fixed dinner for my mom and dad later that night. All in all a great long weekend!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful and fun family weekend with both stops on your weekend get away! Sorry we were not in Omaha to enjoy time with you during you Omaha visit! I am sure the Wisemans and the Wards loved and appreciated your visit! Great! Have a good week.....
Love, Aunt Linda and Uncle Dale