Friday, November 19, 2010

The Family Room is Finished!

Our family room is now painted! We painted it in September and love how it has turned out! Here's the before:







And now the after:






I love this room so much! It is just nice and cozy. I put up two collage frames of wedding pictures and love having our memories of that happy day displayed! I also made curtains for the family room! I looked all over and just couldn't find a pattern I liked or any that fit the length of the windows correctly, so decided to make some. I found material I liked and basically just cut, measured, sewed the hem, and they were ready to go! During the day I have the curtains on the left side pulled back, but I left them down so you can see what they look like when closed. I enjoyed sewing these and look forward to more sewing in the future!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, comfortable familyroom! I'm sure it feels really like "home" as you change colors and add the warmth and personality to you new home! Looking forward to seeing it for real!
Love you....Aunt Linda and Uncle Dale

Stacey said...

You did an awesome job. -Stacey P