Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Today I will walk the Turkey Trot with my dad and then Ross and I will head up to Kansas City to spend Thanksgiving with his family.

This will be the third year in a row that my dad and I have done the Turkey Trot. I did the Turkey Trot by myself for five years before my dad started doing it with me. It was fun and I'd always run into (ha, no pun intended!) people I knew, but always thought it'd be fun to do it with a family member. So it'd been quite fun walking with with my dad!

Ross and I will leave Springfield around 11 to be in KC at his parent's house for a 3pm Thanksgiving dinner. It will be kind of different spending Thanksgiving without my parents. For 31 years Thanksgiving to me as been spent at my mom and dad's, not really doing much and having dinner (not always turkey) around 5-6 at night! My mom would always make coffee cake and then we'd watch a bit of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. After the parade we'd watch some of the National Dog Show and then turn on Titanic while we decorated her house for Christmas. Even though we never did much on Thanksgiving it was always nice.

But now it's on to starting new Thanksgiving traditions with my new husband! I hope you have a super great day celebrating with your friends and family!

No comments: