Sunday, April 10, 2011

1/2 Marathon #8

Today I'm running the St. Louis Go! 1/2 marathon. I have wanted to run this race for the past few years, but my scheduled has never allowed for it. This year when I realized I had nothing on my calendar for this date, I decided to go ahead and do it!

I'm running with with my friend and running partner, Stephanie. (I actually call her Running Stephanie, and my friends know her as Running Stephanie, too! I started doing this to not confuse her with my sister Stephanie, and I put her in my phone as Running Stephanie to not accidently text my sister Stephanie at 5am if I couldn't run that day.) I met Stephanie quite a few years back at one of my aerobics classes. It's a funny story - she came to my class at Chesterfield Family Center for a while and then left. About a year later she came to my class at Cox Fitness Center for a while and then left. Then another year later she showed up at my class at the YMCA. It was here that we became friends and running partners. We both had both planned on doing the Bass Pro Marathon in 2008 and decided to run and train together. We met every MWF morning at 5:45am for a five-mile run, and adjusted that schedule a bit once we started marathon training. So many Saturday mornings we would meet early before the sun came up to begin out "Tour of Springfield." We had a great time and so many fun memories from our training runs!

I'm sure we'll have as much fun today running the St. Louis 1/2 marathon. It will be fun running through the city and seeing all the sites. I sure hope we have good weather!

No comments: