Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fashion Faux Pas?

I like to think of myself as fashionable. My style would be defined as professional, classy, and subtle, not so much trendy. My clothes are in style and I will buy the latest fashion trend, if it looks good on me. So many "in-style/trendy" clothes I try on, though, just look silly on me!


So, on to the point of this post. What do you think of what I have on in this picture? Specifically, what do you think of my choice of sock color?


This is a picture of my pant legs, socks, and shoes I wore one day last week. The pants were a blue color that complimented my red sweater quite nicely. I chose these shoes because I hardly ever wear them and thought they'd go well with the rest of the outfit.

I'm not so sure, though, about my choice of socks for the day! I don't have any socks that match the color of my pants, or the color of these particular shoes. My choice was white socks or dark brown socks. As you can see the white socks won out, and I'm afraid they just don't look right! I thought about this when putting the socks on in the morning, but figured it wouldn't matter much, as you the socks aren't seen when when I walk. Sitting down, though, is another story! I wonder if tan or beige colored socks would have been a better choice, but I don't think I have any socks in those colors.

My question to you - what's the proper matching technique in situations like this? Match the socks to the pants or match the socks to the shoes? Please, as you can see, I need help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are no socks not an option?