Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Cody!

Today my youngest nephew, Cody, is 7 years old! I still remember the day he was born. Stephanie went into the hospital in the morning to be induced and I remember calling her asking what she was going to do that day. I had to go to work and kept checking in with her and my parents throughout the day to see how labor was progressing. I had to teach an aerobic class after work and when that was over I headed to Joplin to meet my new nephew. I got there around 8 and he still wasn't born yet!

Stephanie and Nathan did not find out if they were having a boy or a girl until the baby was born, so that made the wait even more exciting! I remember walking in the hospital room after he was born and hearing my sister tell my dad that she had just given birth to the next Nebraska football line backer—Cody was a big baby! It was so neat holding him, just minutes after he was born.

Cody is such a fun, sweet boy. I have so loved being a part of his life and watching him grow up. Happy Birthday, Cody! Aunt Libby and Uncle Ross love you lots!

No comments: