Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy House Anniversary To Us!

One year ago today, July 21, 2010, Ross and I closed on our very first house we bought together! It's so much fun to me to think back on that time and remember our excitement! We went straight to our new house once closing was finished and Ross carried me over the threshold! We walked around for a bit discussing where we would put everything, and then went home to change clothes. We stopped by Big Fat Burrito, one of our favorite places to eat, and brought our dinner back to our new house and ate there.

I took off Thursday and my Mom helped me move our kitchen items and all my clothes. I wanted to get the kitchen set up first thing, and I just prefer to move my clothes myself. Later that day, my Dad and Ross moved our bed over to the new house so we could start living there. Friday Ross' parents came down to help us move and then around 5pm that night several of our friends came over to load up the U-Haul and really get the move underway. The whole process took about 3 1/2 hours. We loaded the U-Haul, along with several cars and trucks, ate dinner, headed to our new house, and unloaded everything. I don't remember the temperature on the day we moved, but I do remember that it was H-O-T! We went through so much water and Gatorade that night!

Ross and I have really enjoyed living in our house and are so happy with our decision to buy it. Over the past year we've painted all but one room, moved our washer and dryer downstairs (to make way for a mud room off the garage), and put in a shed in the backyard. We have a few more home improvement projects planned for this year, too.

Tonight I plan to sit on the couch with Ross and toast our house with sparkling grape juice! This is a tradition I started when I bought my first house in 2005. Ross is super excited for this! :)

No comments: