Wednesday, October 12, 2011

In Sickness and In Health

Ross and I have been married for almost 1 1/2 years and just last weekend had our first experience with the "in sickness and in health" portion of the wedding vows we made to each other.

Friday afternoon I started having very bad stomach pains/cramps that would come and go in waves. There was no real pattern to them, they would just come and go. I was able to sleep okay that night and woke up feeling somewhat okay, so decided to go ahead with my 20-mile run. That wasn't such a good idea. I got a little over one mile in and had to stop and walk; I just wasn't feeling well at all. I kept going but when I got to mile four I decided I needed to turn around and go back home. I tried running, but that made my stomach hurt, so I walked the four miles back home.

I got home, took a shower, and then took a nap. I woke up to more stomach pains that just kept coming and going. I went downstairs and laid on the couch, my resting place for the rest of the day, the rest of the weekend even. I was just miserable the whole weekend with the pains coming and going. We asked my Dad for advice, and even went in to Urgent Care Saturday night and then the ER Sunday night because the pains just wouldn't stop. They ran a bunch of tests on me, but everything came back okay. The ER doctor prescribed some medication that helped cut the pain in half and eventually it was gone by late Monday afternoon. I was so thankful for that medicine. That stomach pain was so bad and there was nothing I could do to make it stop. I guess I just had a very bad case of the stomach flu. It was not fun and I would not wish that on anyone.

But back to my title, "In Sickness and In Health"

Ross was such a good husband to me over the weekend. He cleaned up the kitchen, changed our sheets, did all of the wash, got me whatever I needed whenever I needed it, went to the store to get Sprint and cracker, made me go to the doctor when I didn't want to because he was concerned there was something serious wrong, kept my parents updated on what was going on, got up with me in the middle of the night Saturday when I threw up, and he even brought me flowers and a get well card! I am so thankful to have him and am just so amazed at the way he took care of me. I've always known he loves me, but last weekend he showed his love for me in a whole different way and I am so thankful for him. Thank you Ross for taking such good care of me. I love you!

Get well card and roses!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read on facebook that you are feeling great again and running well! You were certainly well cared for. A caring husband is a wonderful blessing. Sometimes we take our good health for granted until we are not feeling well. How blessed we are every day with our good health! Have a good week....
Love, Aunt Linda and Uncle Dale