Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's A Wonderful Life

Saturday night, Ross and I saw "It's A Wonderful Life" at the Gillioz Theatre in downtown Springfield. The Gillioz is an old theatre that was restored a few years back, but still has the old time look and feel. I love seeing shows there!

Last Christmas we saw "Elf" at the Gilloiz, and this year I was hoping they'd show another Christmas movie. I was so excited to see they were showing "It's A Wonderful Life" and asked Ross if we could go. I was really surprised to learn that Ross had never seen the movie before and was excited to see it with him. I was a little concerned that he wouldn't like it because it's an old movie and done in black and white. And I do love the movie, but sometimes find myself getting bored with it towards the end and was afraid he would, too.

As we were walking out, I was happy to hear Ross tell me that he really enjoyed the movie. He thought it was really good and the black and white didn't bother him.

I've seen the movie lots of times over the years, but this time I thought a little more about it while watching it. I like one of the quotes from Clarence, the angel who is sent from Heaven to help George Bailey:

             "Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't
               around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"

I thought about this quote in relation to my own life and all the people who have touched my life or helped me out along the way and how different I would be had it not been for those people. Some of the people came with good experiences and some came with bad experiences. I wouldn't trade them, even the worst of the worst, for anything because all of those have molded me into who I am today. And I like who I am today!

I also thought about all the people I have touched or helped and thought how different their lives would be had I not been there for them. I can name some situations where I know I've been a big help, and I bet there are others where I've helped, but have no clue I even did anything at all. Won't it be neat someday in Heaven to see all of the "behind the scenes" things that only God knows about?!

One thing I know for sure is that it TRULY IS a wonderful life!

No comments: