Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas From The Wisemans!

Hello! We hope this finds you doing well and enjoying the holiday season. I don’t know if I will ever stop being surprised at how quickly this time of year seems to come around!

2011 can be summed up in one word for us:  Travel. In March we drove to Winter Park, CO, for three days of skiing. We did have a good time, but decided skiing just isn’t our thing! In April, we celebrated our one-year anniversary in Hawaii on the island of Oahu! We spent a week on the island and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We had an absolutely wonderful time and do hope to go back soon. In May, we drove to Omaha, NE, for a quick visit with my side of the family and in August, I traveled to Phoenix, AZ, for a business trip. During that time I drove to Silver City, NM, to spend a very quick 18 hours with my Aunt Cheryl Ward. After countless years of sending her letters in the mail, it was so nice to see where they ended up! September found us in Kansas City for our first Chiefs football game together, and then in Chicago, IL, for a few days enjoying big city life. We were on the road again in November traveling to San Antonio, TX, where I ran my third marathon (26.2 miles). I’ll definitely continue running, but not quite the long distances for a while! After I walked the Turkey Trot 5K with my Dad on Thanksgiving morning, we headed up to Kansas City and enjoyed a nice holiday with Ross’ family.

We have been in our house for almost one and a half years now and in that time have painted every room in the house! Ross built a shed in our backyard this spring, and this fall turned our old laundry room, which is right off of the garage, into a mud room. He did an excellent job building and installing the shelves and broom closet!

Ross is still employed with Traveler’s Insurance as an auto appraiser and will begin his sixth year there in January. I am still working at the Assemblies of God National Office as the promotions and events coordinator for the U.S. Missions office. I have been there for almost seven and a half years. I also still teach a couple of aerobics classes each week.

We are so very thankful for God’s blessings this year and look forward to what he has in store for us next year! We pray His riches blessings on you this Christmas season and throughout the new year.  Happy Christmas and Happy 2012!

No comments: