Monday, January 7, 2013

24 Weeks And Counting!

I am now 24 weeks and 5 days along with my pregnancy. We had a doctor's visit last Friday and everything with me and the baby checked out okay. The appointment didn't take very long at all. The doctor said the baby's heart rate and measurements are right on where they should be for 24 weeks, so that is good!

I also had to do a blood glucose test last Friday to determine if I have gestational diabetes. For this test I had to drink 12 ounces of a highly sugared drink. An hour after drinking it my blood was drawn to see how my body processed all of the sugar in the drink. If I did not pass this test, I would need to go back in for a longer, 3-hour test. The doctor said they would call me if I needed to come back in for the longer test, and so far I haven't heard anything from the doctor's office so hopefully I passed it!

I have been feeling m-u-c-h- better lately and I haven't tossed anything back up since December 22. I am very proud of this! Going from throwing up 2-3 times a week and not feeling good most mornings to not throwing up at all and waking up feeling "normal" is such a welcome change!

Ross and I registered for all sorts of fun items for Lucy on New Year's Day. This started out as an overwhelming task, but we got the hang of it and I think have everything we'll need on the registry. We registered at Babies R Us and Target, with the majority of items being from Babies R Us.

My sister gave me the bassinet and swing she used for her kids and I put the bassinet together yesterday. I dressed up Lucy's teddy bear in one of the little dresses we bought her and put the bear in the bassinet, right next to my bed as a "surprise" for Ross.

The next few months will be filled with getting things ready at our house and getting Lucy's room ready, along with showers and baby classes. Hopefully that will pass the time quickly, as I'm really looking forward to meeting this little girl and seeing who she looks like! If wives tales are true, she should have LOTS of hair based on all the heartburn I have! 

No comments: