Sunday, June 23, 2013

Bittersweet

June 6 was a bittersweet day for me. I went in to work for the last time and cleaned out my office and turned in my name badge so I could officially begin my new job as stay at home mom.  I have been employed at the Assemblies of God headquarters office since October 2004 when I took a job as the Promotions & Events Coordinator for the U.S. Missions division. You can read more about my job and see pictures of my office here.

I have worked in the same position for 8 1/2 years and learned so many valuable professional, personal, and relational lessons that I'll take with me for the rest of my life. I'm thankful for the experiences I had and the trust that my bosses and coworkers had in me. I made some good friends there and will definitely miss them. I'll miss the work, but not that much! I'm sure there will be days when I'll wish I could go to an office for adult interaction, but now I'm happy to be at home with my daughter and take care of her.

I received several compliments from coworkers during my last week of work (in April before Lucy was born) and when I was there a few weeks ago about how they will miss me and that I was such a good, responsible worker. That made me feel really good!

I'm very thankful that from the beginning of our relationship, Ross and I agreed that the best thing for our children some day would be for me to stay home and take care of them instead of going out to work. We'll have to make some changes in our spending habits - going from a double income, no kids family to a single income, one kid family definitely changes our finances - but it will be more than worth it! So, here's to being a stay at home mom!

No comments: