Sunday, February 2, 2014

A New Job

I have a new job now - teaching aerobics classes at Chesterfield Family Center. My class is called "Total Body Blitz" and is on MWF from 9-10am. I started teaching this class mid-December and am slowly working up an attendance base. It's great because the gym is literally three minutes from our house and I can put Lucy in the daycare area there (for free) during my class. I'm enjoying this class so much. It's a good mix of a cardio workout and a toning workout with weights. I usually have 2-5 people on Mondays and Wednesdays and about 10 people on Fridays.

It's nice to have a job again and get a paycheck! It's certainly not a paycheck like I was used to working fulltime, but it makes me feel good to contribute something to our finances. It's hard to believe I've been teaching aerobics classes now for almost 13 years! My mom and I were talking about my class and she asked if I ever would have thought that when I started teaching in 2001 that it would last this long and turn into my job later on in life. Funny how things work out! And it really is the best job...I get paid to workout!

No comments: