Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Back To Reality

We celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary on April 17 and had a kids-free date night that night, thanks to my parents. They came over around 6:15pm and we took off at 6:30pm. Molly was fed and I had a bottle in the refrigerator for her. Lucy was eating dinner when they arrived. I wasn't worried at all about leaving them. Lucy has been with my parents so many times that they know her routine and I figured Molly would be fine, too.

Ross and I went to Ocean Zen and had a nice time eating alone. Alone as in no kids! It was such a nice time. We talked about so many things and it was nice that it was uninterrupted! After dinner we went to Coldstone Creamery to get me some ice cream and then went to the park where we got engaged at to walk around. We walked a little and found a bench to sit at and just enjoyed being alone. We talked about getting engaged and our wedding day...the most perfect day ever!

Mr. and Mrs. Ross Wiseman, April 17, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Ross Wiseman, April 17, 2015

After the park we went to Andy's Frozen Custard and got Ross a treat. (I don't care much for Andy's so that's why we got me ice cream earlier!) We were there maybe 10 minutes while Ross ate his custard and then decided to head home.

It was about 9pm when we walked in our house and reality hit us like a ton of bricks. I don't know if it was the leftover dinner on the kitchen table and counters, a very hyper Lucy running around the house at 9pm, or my Mom practically throwing Molly at me (okay, maybe a little exaggeration there) because she wouldn't stop crying that made reality hit. But it did! Seriously, it was like a commercial I've seen before where one scene is a calm, peaceful meadow with birds chirping and the next scene is mass chaos in the form of kids screaming and running all around. That was exactly how I felt getting home that night! It was just such a big dose of reality that our life is so different now than five years ago! It's a good different and I would not change a thing at all, but we have a two-year-old and a three-month-old, what else should I expect?!

No comments: