Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Little Hands

Lucy, Molly, and I went to Joplin one day last week to do some shopping with my sister and then go to my nephew's football game that evening. I decided to let Lucy watch a DVD on the way since it was a long trip and I didn't want her taking a nap in the morning. I brought along a Toy Story DVD and tried to put it in the van DVD player about 30 minutes into our trip. I tried putting it in, but it wouldn't go. It seemed as if a DVD was already in the player so I hit eject to try to get it out and nothing happened. I pushed play to see if it would start playing and nothing happened. I tried eject again and nothing came out, but it did make a noise as if it was trying to do something. Since I was driving I had to leave it alone and try to fix it later.

When I got to my sister's house we took off to the mall and I told her about my DVD problems. She messed with it some and found the same thing - it wouldn't eject and it wouldn't play. She looked at it a little more closely and realized that there were two DVDs in the player, hence the reason it was not working. When we got back to her house I messed with it a little more and was able to get the two DVDs out using a pair of needle nose pliers. When I pulled the DVDs out I just laughed and laughed and laughed. What I originally thought were DVDs were actually two CDs that I had in my car. They were from my bag of aerobics music that I keep in the car and I know exactly how they ended up in the DVD player.

On Labor Day, Ross and I cleaned out our van and Lucy was playing in the driver's seat while we were doing so. The van was turned off, but she was hitting buttons, turning knobs, and playing with switches. When we were done cleaning the van I looked in to find that my aerobics CD bag had been gotten into and a few CD cases were out. I didn't think a thing of it until I pulled the CDs out of the DVD player that day. Lucy had stuck two of my CDs into the DVD player. Oh the things little hands can get into....... :)

No comments: