Tuesday, September 15, 2015

My Husband Cut My Hair

So this happened earlier this summer....I let my husband cut my hair! I told Ross one day that I needed a hair cut and he said he could do it. He often makes jokes about him cutting my hair and I just blow it off, but for some reason his comment this time stuck with me. I kept thinking about it and decided to let him do it. I figured he couldn't mess it up too bad since my hair isn't really "styled" so to say, it's all one length and he would just need to cut straight across. And if he messed it up I could always go to my regular stylist and have him fix it up.

I think Ross did a really good job! It was kind of fun having him cut my hair and saved us $35, too. Thanks, Ross!

Before



After

1 comment:

Keri said...

I have done the same thing, of course my husband does do the sectioning, pinning up and a more detailed haircut than just a just a simple straight across the back. He has been doing it for me since we first started dating. I mentioned I needed my hair cut, he offered, I said ok, and he did such a great job, he has been my stylist, I haven't been to the salon in years. Don't miss the hassle, expenses, or the bad haircuts. It has saved me hundreds each year. My best friend stopped to visit a few months back when my husband had me caped in the dining room, she watched intently as he did my hair and when he finished, she said, "I'm next". My husband said ok, have a seat. He gave her a haircut, she was pleased and asked if I was ok with hm continuing to cut her hair for her. I said sure, she is my best friend. What else could I say? No you got your one good haircut, now you have to go get bad haircuts at the salon and pay a lot for them? So I don't mind having my best friend come visit, but I do have bragging rights that my best friend fired the salon and has my husband cut her hair as well as mine. Now that your husband has shown his talent with the shears, is he now your regular stylist? Seems a shame to waste the time and money to go to the salon, when your husband can and will do it for you.