Monday, May 23, 2016

Stuck

So this happened a few Monday nights ago!


Molly got this knitting loom stuck around her neck. I didn't see her put it on, just saw that she had it around her neck so went to take it off, but it would not come off! I tried a few times and it would not budge. She was crying, more like screaming, and I was afraid of hurting her so stopped trying. It wasn't tight around her neck, it just wouldn't go over her head. Ross wasn't home, he was at school taking a final so I was thinking through what to do and thought I just might have to take her to the ER
to have them remove it.

I looked out the window and saw that our neighbor's car was home so I gathered up Molly and Lucy (who was dressed in her princess dress, crown, wand, and tennis shoes) and headed over to Mike and Cindy's house. Thankfully, Molly wasn't crying when we went over there and thankfully, Cindy was home. She was so nice and calm and knew exactly what I needed when she opened the door to see us standing there, Molly with the loom around her neck!

Cindy got some lotion and put it on Molly's forehead to see if that would help the loom slide over her head. It didn't. She went to the backyard to find her husband's garden clipper to see if that would cut the plastic, but she couldn't find them and Mike wasn't home.

Cindy's neighbor, Allen, was outside mowing his lawn at the time so we walked over to him to see if he could help. He tried pulling it off, but as with Cindy and myself, it wouldn't budge. He found a pair of garden clippers in his garage and tried to cut the loom (it was made of plastic) but the plastic was too thick to cut through. So, naturally, he got out his hacksaw and started sawing through the loom! It was quite nerve-racking! He was cutting so close to Molly's head and he even got my finger a little because I was holding her head trying to protect her from the loom. I'm sure it was nerve-racking for Allen, knowing he was using a hacksaw so close to a baby's head!

Molly was crying the whole time, too. I don't think she was in pain, more so just scared. He kept cutting through the loom and stopped just before it was all the way through and used his garden clippers to finish the job. He cut through it and we were able to get the loom off of Molly, no problem at all. In fact, we got it off just in time for Ross to get home from school and come over to talk to us. Molly was in good spirits and even started laughing and walking around. What a little stinker!

No comments: