Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Little Red Riding Hood Costume

My friend asked me to make a Little Red Riding Hood Halloween costume for her two-year-old daughter. She sent me a link to a "pattern" for it and I said yes, thinking it didn't look too hard to make. I'm glad I said yes because it really wasn't hard to make at all. It took me two days to make, just because of limited time due to my kids, but had I probably could have completed it in about 1 1/2 hours had I worked on it all at once.

It was fairly simple. I just cut a big half circle and hemmed the edges for the cape. The hood was a bit tricky, trying to figure out the correct size and how to sew it on and have it look right, but I did it! And I found the toggle clasp at Hobby Lobby and hand sewed that on. I was quite pleased with how it turned out! And wasn't Lucy such a wonderful, willing model for me?! :)




No comments: