Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Silver Dollar City...ALONE!

I took the girls to Silver Dollar City a few weeks ago ALL BY MYSELF! This is something I've always looked forward to doing with the girls. I was a bit nervous to do this alone with two kids, as it's so much easier when you have a 1:1 parent/child ration instead of 2:1. Case in point...we had just sat down to eat lunch when Molly said she had to go potty. If Ross had been with me, I'd have taken Molly potty while Ross stayed to eat with Lucy. I couldn't leave Lucy alone, so we packed everything up, loaded back into the stroller, and took care of business in the bathroom. It wasn't the most convenient thing to do, but we made it!

It was a beautiful, beautiful spring day, complete with sunshine and a high of about 70 degrees. It also happened to be right in the middle of several area schools' spring breaks, so everyone else had the same idea as I did about going this day. The park was packed! In fact, when we got close to the exit for SDC, the traffic was already backed up. I wanted to cry and seriously considered turning around and going home. But, we didn't. We made it through the traffic and eventually made it inside the park. I brought our double stroller and was a little worried about getting it on and off of the bus/tram because it is just big and awkward, and I also still had to take care of Lucy and Molly at the same time. Thankfully, others around me offered help with my stroller and bag and I graciously accepted.

Once we got inside the park we headed straight for the kiddie area to ride rides. I wanted to cry again when we got back there because I saw how long the lines were for the rides! I don't mind waiting in line and expect to have to wait a little, but these lines looked like they would take forever to get through. It was so disheartening! Ross and I make a point to try and go on days that won't be too busy, so we hadn't been to SDC when it was this busy in a long time. But, once again, the girls were good troopers and waited so patiently in the lines. We had a good time riding their favorite rides...the butterflies, frogs, caterpillars, tea cups, swings, and the carousel.

All in all it was a good day and I'm glad we went. I look forward to taking them many more times this summer, whether alone or with Ross! 

The girls were really excited to ride the bus from the parking lot to the main entrance.


Looking good in our shades! 









No comments: