Thursday, July 26, 2018

Libby's Favorite Radio Mix

I've had this CD in my cd player/radio alarm clock for probably 15+ years. It's a cd I made, circa 2002, of my favorite worship songs. I made several of them back in the day and loved giving them as presents. :) Molly likes to play with my alarm clock (which I never use anymore for the purpose of an alarm, just for the purpose of a clock) and turn on the cd player. She's done this a few times before and we usually end up listening to only half of the first song and then turn it off. Well, one night she turned the cd on and we ended up having a dance party in our bedroom!

It was so much fun! We listened to several of the songs and danced all around the room. It was great to just be free, dance around, and be silly. I had so much fun and felt so good during this dance party. I hadn't heard these songs for several, several years and they brought back fun memories from college and my early to mid-twenties.

The next day I was thinking about how great I felt during that dance party and wondered if I felt that way because it was fun to hear these songs and the good memories they brought up, or if it was because of the songs. The songs are all Christian praise and worship songs and really, our dancing was like dancing for Jesus and praising Him. I'm sure there's more of a sermon or devotion to this, but I'll let you think on that yourself. :)



As a side note......the first song on this cd is "Red Letter Day" by Newsong. I remember I asked for a radio alarm clock with a CD player for my birthday one year, specifically for this song. With this particular alarm clock I could have a cd play when the alarm went off instead of the beeping sound or the radio. I thought it would be so great to have "Red Letter Day" play to wake me up - how could I have a bad day when listening to a song talking about how great of a day it was going to be. What I didn't realize, though, was that when I hit the snooze button (which I would do at least 2 times) the cd would start over from the very beginning instead of playing where it left off when I hit snooze. It just didn't work out quite like I wanted and thinking about this makes me laugh. :)

No comments: