Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Last Time . . . You Never Know When It Will Be

It's funny how you never know when the last time will be to do some things. For example, we moved Molly up to a big girl (twin-size) bed in April. We had been talking about doing this for quite a while and finally just decided to buy a bed and move her on up. We explained this to Molly and she was pretty excited about it. Ross picked up the bed on a Saturday afternoon and we had planned on setting it up the next night, Sunday, because we had plans for that Saturday night and might be home late. Not knowing how it would go having her sleep in the big girl bed we decided it'd be better to start it on a "normal" night at home. I was also glad about this because I had planned to take one last picture of Molly sleeping in her crib that Saturday night before I went to bed, and take a picture of her in the morning when I woke up.

Well, our plans changed that night and we were going to be home instead of going out, so decided to go ahead and take down her crib and set up her big girl bed on Saturday instead of waiting for Sunday. I really didn't mind, but a little part of me was sad that I wouldn't be able to put her down or get her out of her crib one last time. In reality, I had already had this one last time the night before and that morning, but just wasn't aware that it was my one last time to do so.

Kind of like the last time I put a diaper on Molly. The day Molly started potty training was not planned at all and took me by surprise. She basically decided to potty train herself when she said she wanted to wear panties one morning. I said okay and there was no turning back after that. She wore panties from then on and no more diapers were needed.

It's just funny how time goes. I can't even begin to count the number of times I put a diaper on each kid or put them down/got them out of the crib. It's something that's such a common, mundane task that isn't really a big deal until you don't have to do it anymore. If only we could know when the last time some of those tasks were, maybe it would make everyone growing up a little easier. :)





No comments: