Sunday, December 23, 2018

Mailbox Surprises

We have mailbox ornaments on our tree. One is mine and one is Ross', both from when we were kids. They are handmade and I think a neighbor gave me mine. I remember it being on our tree each Christmas when I was growing up. Although they're basically the same ornaments, Ross' was different in the fact that he would always find a surprise in his mailbox each day in December. His mom would put special treats or notes in it for him to find.

I thought this was such a neat idea and have started doing it with our girls this year. They love checking the mailboxes and are thrilled when they find something in them. So far all I've managed to put in it is candy, but that's exactly what they like, so score for me! I look forward to doing this in the years to come but plan to be a little more creative with my treats!





No comments: