Sunday, March 6, 2022

Almost 48 Hours

Lucy got Molly a helium-filled balloon for her birthday. The balloon came with a long string tied to it, but there was no weight tied to the string to keep it from floating up into the ceiling. We explained to Molly that if she let it go in certain parts of our house it would float up and be hard to get. 

She got the balloon around 2pm on Saturday afternoon and did a great job with it until about 10am on Monday morning. She made it almost 48 hours without losing the balloon! That Monday was President's Day, so Ross was off work and the girls were home from school. I went to my 9am class at the gym that morning and as I pulled in our driveway and opened up the garage door I saw Ross walking out to get the ladder to bring inside. I started laughing and immediately knew why he was getting the ladder....the balloon had been let go of in our two-story, open entryway! 

It wasn't a big deal to get the balloon down, but it was just funny to me! However, I did tie a weight to the string to keep it from happening again! 




No comments: