Wednesday, March 2, 2022

The Candy Store!

We went to the mall on Molly's birthday and we ended up going into the "Loli and Pop" candy store there. We looked around a bit and then I decided to let the girls get some candy. This was a lot of fun to me because it brought back good memories from when I was a kid and would go to the mall with my friends and buy candy from the candy store. Mr. Bulky's was the candy store in our mall when I was growing up and I remember them having soooooooo many varieties of candy! I also remember being careful to not fill my candy bags up too much because that candy was expensive!

I don't know how, but my mom and I discovered these chewy grapefruit wedge candies that we both really liked! She would get them for me for special occasions and sometimes just because. She would also get me red coin candies that were just chewy/jube jell candies that I loved. In fact, those candies were kind of my "food" for my first night away at college in my dorm room! I didn't know anyone at all the first night I stayed there and was too scared to go outside of my room to get some food! I was so hungry and thankfully mom had hidden some of the red coins in my bag so I had "food" to eat! Fun memory!

Anyway, it was a lot of fun going in that candy store! I wish it would have been bigger like Mr. Bulky's was because Mr. Bulky's had a huge variety of candy. Loli and Pop just seems to have a large variety of gummy bears, but not many other types of candy. The girls got gummy bears and I got some grapefruit wedges, too! 



No comments: