Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Library Book Fail

A few weeks ago I returned one of Lucy's school library books to the Springfield Greene County Public Library! I have always been afraid of doing this and it finally happened! I realized it one Thursday evening when I was helping Lucy get her school library books together to return the next day. She has two books to return but we could only find one book. I had just returned some Springfield library books that morning and wondered if I had returned the school library book there on accident. 

I checked to see if the library was still open and it was, so I gave them a call. I explained what happened and asked if they had found the school library book. The lady I spoke with said yes, let me go check the shelf and look through what we have. She came back and said yes, they did have that book and she put my name on it for me to pick up. I asked her if that happened a lot and she said yes, it did! She said there was actually a big stack of books that were school library books and not Springfield library books. I also found out that after a while the Springfield library will send the school library books back to the school. I found this to be so funny! And I plan to be more careful in the future when returning library books! 



No comments: