Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Cheese Danish!

One Christmas present Ross gave me was a $20 gift certificate to a local bakery, Supreme Bakery, and it was one of the best gifts I received! Here's the back story to it.......

In December I was at this bakery picking up some Kringles and tea cakes I'd ordered through PTA for our teachers. I noticed they had a cheese danish in their bakery case and it sounded so good, so I decided to buy one. I think the total came to $2.74 so I got out my credit card to pay for it. They said they don't take credit cards unless the total is over $7. I asked if they took a debit card because I know sometime debit cards have different fees than credit cards so hoped that would work. No, they don't take debit cards unless the total is over $7. So I asked if they would take a check, thinking certainly a check would work - no fees associated with it. Again they said no, we don't take a check unless it's over $7. My only option for buying that one cheese danish that day was with cash and I had no cash on me! I usually have a few dollars cash, but not that day. I was so bummed because I really wantd that cheese danish! They suggested that I add more to my order to get it over $7, but I didn't want to do that, so I left really craving a cheese danish! I went to Panera thinking maybe they would have something, but no such luck. I settled for a cup of donut holes from Krispy Kreme. They were good, but definitely not the cheese danish I really wanted. 

I told Ross this story and didn't think anything of it, but he remembered and surprised me with a $20 gift certificate to Supreme Bakery! Now I can get $20 worth of cheese danishes and not have to worry about having cash on me to do so! Supreme Bakery is a little old school and I actually received a paper gift certificate, not a plastic gift card like the majority of places give today. Ross asked to make sure that I could keep using it until the $20 was gone and that I didn't have to use all of the $20 it in one sitting. 

I went into Supreme Bakery last week to get my cheese danish and I am happy to report that there were no issues using my $20 gift certificate for a $2.74 item and I still have $17.26 left on it to use! They just write down all of my purchases on the back of the certificate and keep a tally of how much I have left. The cheese danish was so good! I can't wait to go back and get another! 



No comments: