Monday, January 16, 2023

Cup Melting Craft

I saw a post on Facebook for a fun craft where you decorate plastic cups and then put them in the oven for a few seconds to melt them down into ornaments. I was a little skeptical of it and didn't know if it would really work until a friend told me she did it and it worked! 

I was happy to see that one morning our elves left us markers and cups to try this craft, so we tried it! It did work, there's just a learning curve to it. I felt so bad because the first round we melted did not turn out at all and the girls spent so much time decorating their cups! I realized after a few more trials that I was placing the cups wrong side up for the melting. Once I figured that out, the cups melted perfectly! It does not take long at all, either! You simply decorate your cup however you want, place them on a cookie sheet, put them in the oven on broil for about 10 SECONDS, and you're left with flattened, round circles! If you stand the cups up the wrong way you will definitely not have flattened, round circles, but some really wonky shaped melted cups instead! This is a fun craft that I'll be sure to do again.  





No comments: