Thursday, December 21, 2023

Christmas Cookies And Baking

Each year at Christmas we make "cookie cutter cookies" and roll them out in Christmas shapes. Last Sunday we took the time to decorate them. I enjoy doing this and all of us, including Ross, work on it. Our cookies are never real lookers, but we have fun and they're good!

This year we've all been watching the Holiday Baking Championship on the Food Network and when the girls were frosting cookies they were pretending that they were on the show! It was so much fun! We all agreed that none of us would win, but that's okay!

This is the first year that I did not decorate any cookies because I was busy making cinnamon rolls and candy! Each year I make cinnamon rolls for us to have on Christmas morning and I also give some to our neighbors. I expanded my giving this year to include another set of neighbors and a friend, so I wanted to make sure the cinnamon rolls were extra good. And boy were they ever! I wish I would have made more to have for myself because these rolls turned out soooo good this time! 

I also make some candy - chocolate covered popcorn and some chocolate dipped pretzels. It was a busy, but fun baking day! 














No comments: