Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Waikiki Beach

We did a lot of walking on Tuesday! We spent the late morning and afternoon in Waikiki, and then hiked the Maunawili Falls Trail in the later afternoon (post about that to come later!).

The strip along Waikiki Beach is filled with e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e stores that are fun to look in, but definitely not in my price range for purchasing! Waikiki is the main tourist area in Oahu and has several shops and restaurants. We had fun walking up and down the strip and taking everything in.

We had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe, which is just fun to me! I remember being a kid and feeling oh so cool being able to go back to school in the fall and tell everyone I went to the Hard Rock Cafe in Dallas and Houston one summer! To this day I still think the Hard Rock Cafe is just cool!


Buildings along Waikiki Beach
Love, love, love the ocean!

Hotel along the strip in Waikiki. I imagine their nightly rate is pretty pricey!

"Guitar ceiling" in the Hard Rock Cafe

I thought this was cool!

Love this view of the mountains between two high-rise buildings.





No comments: