Monday, May 16, 2011

Pearls!

If you've followed my blog, you know I love pearls. I have a pearl necklace, a pearl bracelet, and pearl earrings. And now, after our trip to Hawaii, I'm happy to say that I have a pearl ring, too. This ring is very special and memorable because I got to pick the pearl mounted on the ring!

There were several jewelry shops and kiosks around Hawaii, and we decided to stop at the one at the Dole Pineapple Plantation, of all places! As we walked through the Dole gift shop, we were approached by one of the ladies from the pearl kiosk asking if we wanted to play the pearl game. We said sure, why not, we're on vacation, so I picked a piece of paper out of her basket to find I'd won a coupon 50% off an oyster shell.

So I picked out my oyster....


Picking my oyster - tap 3 times and say Aloha!


Opening the oyster to find....

My pretty pearl!

The lady then asked if we wanted to mount the pearl on anything - a ring, earrings, necklace, etc. I decided to look for a ring, to complete the pearl set I had at home. We looked at several ring settings and finally found one that we liked, and more importantly, was affordable!




After my ring was set, the lady said I could pick another oyster since we bought the ring. So I picked another oyster, and to our surprise we found two pearls when it was opened up! Fun times and good memories. Thanks, Ross!

Double pearls!!

No comments: