Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012!

Happy 2012! And Happy Birthday to my blog! I started it on January 1, 2010, and it's now two years old!

We had a nice, quiet new year celebration. Saturday night we went to dinner and a movie with a friend and then were home by 10pm. We watched the ball drop at 11pm and then again at midnight and celebrated with a kiss and sparkling grape juice. Sunday we went to church, took a nap, watched the Chiefs win their final game of the season, and then met up with some out-of-town friends for dinner. Today I am back to work (booh!) and Ross is at home. I guess I can't complain since I did just have all last week off from work!

I like to make goals for myself instead of resolutions, and I'm happy to report that last year I completed several of the goals I had set:

  • Read the entire Bible this year - Ross and I both did this!
  • Run 2 half marathons or 1 half and 1 full marathon - I ran 1 half and 1 full marathon!
  • Complete scrapbooks for our wedding, our first year of marriage, our Hawaii trip, my marathons, my first house on Linwood street, and our first house on Westview street - I completed 4 of the 6 scrapbooks, not too bad!
  • Knit a baby sweater (no, not for me, yet, just to have on hand!) - completed this in February!
  • Sew a shirt or skirt, something more challenging than just sewing a hemline - sewed a shirt in August and love it!
  • Read 12 books - way surpassed this with about 20 books read
I'm still thinking about my goals for this year. Don't worry, I'll share them when I have them!

No comments: